Published on Thu Jun 12, 2014 by David J Colbran
I've been busy over the last few months with press and PR commissions from a wide varity of clients and professional organisations, both large and small. Too many really to list in detail, but jobs across Merseyside, including the NHS, Racing Post, Horlicks and Disney.
With all commercial work, my main aim is to show the client and their business in the best possible light. I aim to make the ordinary into something exciting and beautiful and gain positive promotional value to the brand.
So if you looking for an experienced, reliable PR photographer, you've come to the right place !
1. Charlie Dimmock - TV garden expert, was the celebrity at a promotional event for big brand Horlicks. The location was a Liverpool garden centre and Charlie was there promoting a new product, with a stand and give-aways. It seemed like an ideal match, as many of the afternoon shoppers recognised her and it was very popular. I worked with the PR team to get some staged shots of the branding for their media channels and got some friendly grabs with members of the general public (with less obvious branding in the background) for local media.
2. Claire Sweeney is a brand champion for a luxury bespoke furntiure company and they required some PR photos of Claire at home, with the products in situ. It was great working with another total professional, very used to cameras and getting things just right. Again secured coverage in the local media.
3. Work at the Foundation Trust Network's annual conference required a quick turn-around for national press, when a panel discussion featured a junior member of the Government, commenting on a hot topic of the day. Planning ahead, I had a laptop and time set aside to nip out of the auditorium and edit the above shot, ready for the FTN's media team to approve prior to sending out.
4. The Racing Post are always a fixture in the build up to the Grand National meet at Aintree - and this year it was no different. As it always a day Liverpool gets dressed up, they went with a fun PR event at a popular city centre beauty parlour. Again a quick turn around, ensured images were ready to local newspaper deadlines later that day.
5. Aintree University Hospital held a research open day for staff and visiting experts - this time the marketing team were looking at trade and industry media outlets as their audience for the images, so I had to take a different approach - focusing on the technology that was being showcased.
6. Finally, a really nice fun shoot for a PR company who look after the Disney brand in the UK. They were presenting a little girl a prize for winning their 'design a dress' competition - a real dress and some other Disney goodies. Again we got a wide selection of staged and more natural shots for various different audiences - this one is my favourite, with the winner and her very proud Dad !
Please take a moment to check my PR photography portfolio or give me a call to discuss your press call and brand.pr, promotional Author: David J Colbran
"David is an amazing Liverpool based photographer. Not just in his professionalism and demeanour, but in his clear understanding of how to create the best images for clients. We worked together on a number of commercial projects and it was quality both in terms of content and prompt delivery of files every time. Absolutely no problem recommending him, he is a true pro at what he does !"