Published on Mon Jun 14, 2021 by David J Colbran
Professional photography is often seen as a business expense that is not important. Whether you're a start-up, building your brand for the first time or a well-established business revamping your online presence, the cost of professional photography may prompt you to side-line it for now.
Here are 5 quick reasons why you should hire a professional photographer
1. Your images represent your brand - low quality, unprofessional photos taken on your phone, communicates the same about your brand - not what you want. First impressions are everything for potential customers - show your products, your services and yourself in the best possible way.
2. A picture is worth a thousand words - we've all heard this but in the age of social media and short attention spans, this is even more important now than 20 years ago.
3. Creating a story - people like to get to know who they are doing business with - they don't want to see generic stock images of products or models. They want to get to know you, the person behind the brand.
4. Images help customers find your business. Search engines love photos. They can help your website get found in Google Image results, perform better in customer engagement and give an edge over competitors.
5. Photos are versatile. The same image can be used for a variety of different purposes, across a range of media - from your website, to social media channels to brochures and promotional materials of all kinds.
While I am a Liverpool photographer, I work across the North-West of England and with a little planning can take on commissions at an affordable rate in central London, even factoring in the travel costs.
If you are still unsure about the value of professional photography, have a project on the horizon, please get in touch and let me convince you some more - call me on 07810321634 for a chat.
Tags: business, commercial, tips
Author: David J Colbran
In between meetings I met business man Will and got a few classic portraits on the waterfront and of course the iconic Pierhead. So if you doing business in Liverpool, need some quick but quality coverage of your time here, drop me a message.
In 2006 I was contacted by a design agency here on Merseyside to help them photograph their forthcoming debut album cover. Exciting times !
If you need last minute coverage of a speaker, a meeting, debate session, protest, fringe event or anything connected with the Labour Party conference Sunday 08 to Wednesday 11 October 2023 I might be able to help.
"David is a very creative, imaginative photographer and shows great empathy with his subjects. These qualities certainly show in his work. I am very pleased to endorse him."