Published on Mon Jun 14, 2021 by David J Colbran
Professional photography is often seen as a business expense that is not important. Whether you're a start-up, building your brand for the first time or a well-established business revamping your online presence, the cost of professional photography may prompt you to side-line it for now.
Here are 5 quick reasons why you should hire a professional photographer
1. Your images represent your brand - low quality, unprofessional photos taken on your phone, communicates the same about your brand - not what you want. First impressions are everything for potential customers - show your products, your services and yourself in the best possible way.
2. A picture is worth a thousand words - we've all heard this but in the age of social media and short attention spans, this is even more important now than 20 years ago.
3. Creating a story - people like to get to know who they are doing business with - they don't want to see generic stock images of products or models. They want to get to know you, the person behind the brand.
4. Images help customers find your business. Search engines love photos. They can help your website get found in Google Image results, perform better in customer engagement and give an edge over competitors.
5. Photos are versatile. The same image can be used for a variety of different purposes, across a range of media - from your website, to social media channels to brochures and promotional materials of all kinds.
While I am a Liverpool photographer, I work across the North-West of England and with a little planning can take on commissions at an affordable rate in central London, even factoring in the travel costs.
If you are still unsure about the value of professional photography, have a project on the horizon, please get in touch and let me convince you some more - call me on 07810321634 for a chat.
Tags: business, commercial, tips
Author: David J Colbran
Back on the blog with a quick update on recent business and commercial photography commissions. Working with a housing association, a bike charity, a medical society, a recruitment agency and a dental practice.
A really interesting commission working with Livv Housing documenting a fire and rescue exercise in high-rise residential apartments in Kirkby. These are the people who will literally save your life!
Another Liverpool industrial photography commission under the belt and more hi-viz PPE added to the boot of the car. This time nice and local in the Old Swan, a couple of miles away from home. It was for the Lister Drive Greener Grid Park installation which is currently under construction.
"David is a very creative, imaginative photographer and shows great empathy with his subjects. These qualities certainly show in his work. I am very pleased to endorse him."