Published on Mon Jun 14, 2021 by David J Colbran
Professional photography is often seen as a business expense that is not important. Whether you're a start-up, building your brand for the first time or a well-established business revamping your online presence, the cost of professional photography may prompt you to side-line it for now.
Here are 5 quick reasons why you should hire a professional photographer
1. Your images represent your brand - low quality, unprofessional photos taken on your phone, communicates the same about your brand - not what you want. First impressions are everything for potential customers - show your products, your services and yourself in the best possible way.
2. A picture is worth a thousand words - we've all heard this but in the age of social media and short attention spans, this is even more important now than 20 years ago.
3. Creating a story - people like to get to know who they are doing business with - they don't want to see generic stock images of products or models. They want to get to know you, the person behind the brand.
4. Images help customers find your business. Search engines love photos. They can help your website get found in Google Image results, perform better in customer engagement and give an edge over competitors.
5. Photos are versatile. The same image can be used for a variety of different purposes, across a range of media - from your website, to social media channels to brochures and promotional materials of all kinds.
While I am a Liverpool photographer, I work across the North-West of England and with a little planning can take on commissions at an affordable rate in central London, even factoring in the travel costs.
If you are still unsure about the value of professional photography, have a project on the horizon, please get in touch and let me convince you some more - call me on 07810321634 for a chat.
business, commercial, tips
Getting a portrait booked in for a business profile can be a new and daunting experience for some people. Many of my clients have never had a professional photoshoot before and of course it is up to me to make them comfortable ...
A very busy and interesting weekend working for Marise Payne Australia's Minister for Foreign Affairs at various venues across the city. It was my first time working at a high profile diplomatic summit.
A couple of weeks ago I was honoured to be asked to present and exhibit some of my artworks at the “Unmasked” Digifest and annual research conference 2021, based in Durban, South Africa
"I have employed David for conferences, presentations, social engagements, marketing materials, open days, portrait shots, official document signings amongst many others. David has always been amenable to our sometimes short notice and has delivered our photos in a quick time frame as agreed and sometimes much quicker depending on our needs. He has always been very helpful, he follows and delivers on the brief and is able to give additional value to jobs with minimal briefs. I am more than happy to recommend David and he will no doubt deliver the same quality he provides us."